Content you post to the Website
We encourage our users to share their thoughts and experiences with the Great Moments in Parenting community by posting them to the Website in appropriate places. If you choose to post information to the Website:
- You grant to Great Moments in Parenting, LLC all rights necessary to post any text, photographs, audiovisual works, or other material that you submit to the Website, as well as the rights to edit your submissions at Our discretion. You further grant to Great Moments in Parenting, LLC the non-exclusive rights to use your submissions (anonymously) at any time in future works created by Great Moments in Parenting, LLC or its owners or agents, including works published in other formats or media.
- If you submit photographs to be posted, please be sensitive to the concerns of any individuals depicted in the photos by first obtaining their permission and agreement to your submission of the photos. If the individuals depicted are minors, you must obtain permission from the minors’ parent or legal guardian before submitting it to us. By submitting any photos, you agree that you have obtained such permission and agreement. We will not identify the individuals by name or location.
- You acknowledge that We have full discretion whether to post, edit, and/or remove your submissions at any time, for any reason.
- You agree, represent, and warrant that you have the rights to post your submissions to the Website and that nothing you post infringes the rights of anyone else, including but not limited to copyrights or other intellectual property rights.
- You agree, represent, and warrant that you will not post content that is illegal, obscene, threatening, harassing, defamatory, invasive of someone else’s privacy, or that otherwise causes injury to someone else.
Because We respect your privacy rights, We want you to know how We will and will not use the personal information we collect from you.
- When you register with the Website, we will collect general information from you such as your name, email address, and other contact information (your “personal information”). We use this information to provide better services to you, and We may use it to contact you directly regarding Our services.
- Our Website functions may also include using cookies, which collect information to help us provide you with the best possible online experience. For more about cookies, see www.ftc.gov/ftc/cookies.shtm.
- We do not share your personal information with any third parties!
- If you ever decide to cancel your registration with the Website and want us to delete all of your personal information, you may do so by emailing the editor: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may still access and read the Website, but you will not be able to post or otherwise interact with the website if you are not a registered user.
- While no one can guarantee the security of information collected online, we follow industry standards in protecting your personal information.
- You may, and should, check your personal information to be sure it is accurate and up to date by accessing your account here: http://greatmomentsinparenting.com/log-in/
We and others have invested a lot in creating and providing to you the content on the Website; please respect our rights and those of others whose content you find here. We either own or license from others all rights in and to the content that we provide on the Website, including but not limited to text, images, and design. You may use our content from the Website for purely personal reasons and in very limited amounts, for example, by copying an excerpt from the Website to send to a friend, only if you state that the information is from our Website and is, or may be, protected by copyright. Remember, however, that much Website content is posted by users; only the creators of that content, not Us, can grant you the rights to use it. You agree that you will not use the content of the Website in any way that infringes Our rights or those of others.
If You think that Your own rights have been infringed on the Website, please contact us at email@example.com.
When We link to other sites and What other people post to the Website
To enhance your experience in using the Website, we may link to websites and other resources provided and maintained by others. We have no control over these sites, their content, or their activities, and we cannot be responsible for your experience on these sites. As we said earlier, we want our users to engage with each other on the Website! But that means Our users need to be aware that We cannot control what users post.
So use your critical thinking skills! We cannot and do not claim to vouch for the truth, accuracy, or quality of the websites to which We link or the information Our users post. You should not consider our links to other sites or the content of Website postings by Our users as an endorsement of any kind from Us.
Your Promise to Us
How to contact Us